Lunalilo Home provides quality compassionate care to kūpuna steeped in the richness of Hawaiian cultural values, history, and traditions. In support of our kūpuna, employees have created a wish list of those items or community service projects that would help our team greatly enhance the lives of those we serve. Please help by fulfilling a wish…
Home & Adult Day Care Beautification Project: Enhance the surroundings of our home & adult day care center for our kūpuna. Donate your talents or contribute supplies by helping to:
- Matching table cloths, cream color, for (8) 3 ft circular tables
- Beautification of entry: plant grass, plant flowers
- Build 2 wooden frames that have a dry erase board on one side and a chalk board on other side with wheels for activity programs
Kūpuna Activities Center & Library: Help create a comfortable setting for our kūpuna to enjoy reading and participate in other engaging activities.
- Sponsor the purchase of bookshelves, round table, and chairs.
- Volunteer to maintain the library.
Gardening Project: Help provide an opportunity for kūpuna to get back to nature by helping with kūpuna gardening projects.
- Refurbish Aquatic Garden Box
- Help landscape and maintain gardens for kūpuna.
- Underwrite sprinkler system for garden and landscaping
- Gardening Tools: pots and soil
Care Home Support
Lunalilo Home provides resident meals, housekeeping, and laundry services, in addition to 24/7 residential care. The following items would greatly enhance our staff’s ability to continue delivering outstanding care.
- Desk Top Computer (4)
- Commercial Laundry dryer- $600
- Commercial vacuum cleaner- $500
- Floor polisher- $789
- 35 qt. WaveBrake Side Press Combo Mop Bucket and Wringer System- $90.00
- Commercial Dishwasher- $6,000
- Food blender (7-9 cup capacity)- $298
- Metal Storage Shelves- $195
- Outdoor pop up tent 10×10- $100
- Flat Screen TV with speakers plus wall mount- $1,500
- iPod for individualized music programs
- 8GB iPad for ADC
- iPad connector for projector
Kūpuna Activities Donations
Lunalilo Home offers services to kūpuna in a secure and meaningful environment in an atmosphere of cheer and contentment, Hawaiian culture, `Ohana, and Aloha. The following items help us to provide engaging activities for our kūpuna.
- Amazon Gift Card
- Ben Franklin Gift Card
- Fisher Gift Card
- Sea Bay Game Co. Gift Card
- Nasco Senior Activities Gift Card
- S&S Prime life Gift Card
- Karaoke System
- DVD Player
- Sound System (CD/Radio/Audio/Tape)
- Bread Maker
- Smoothie Blender
- Ice Cream Maker
- Construction Paper (Assorted Colors, Medium and Large size)
- Colored Tissue Paper
- Glue, glue sticks, tacky glue
- Hot Glue Gun Sticks (Multi-Temp)
- Lei needles
- Tempera paint: primary colors
- Water color paints
- Crayola Markers (Classic Colors, Fine Point)
- Felt (Assorted Colors)
- Easy Plastic Canvas Instruction Books
- Yarn (Assorted Colors)
- Plastic, large-eye needles
- Circuit Machine
- Sewing Machine
Offering nutritious food to our kūpuna on a regular basis is something we encourage and support. With the increase in demand and moderate cost per pound for either Poi, however, it has become apparent that we need kokua in order to sustain a regular supply of poi. That is why we decided to add a “Poi Fund” to our formal Wish List. If you or your organization would like to contribute to the Poi Fund (either monetary or product), please contact Leticia Manning, Director of Dietary, at email@example.com or call her at 395-1000 extension 221. If you would like to choose an item requested on our Wish List, please contact Iwalani K. AhQuin, Director of Senior Activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 395-100 extension 227.
Mahalo from everyone at Lunalilo Home and Adult Day Care! Your continuing support and consideration are appreciated more than you may know!