Lunalilo Home seeks ways to support professional and family caregivers in providing respectful, loving, and quality care for kūpuna. We are committed to providing kūpuna-centered care in partnership with family members, and encourage the involvement, engagement, and support of families in caring for their loved ones. Our programs for caregivers include:
Our Mālama i Nā Kūpuna Caregiver Workshop Series offers educational opportunities for our community to come together to address issues of aging and caregiving. Past workshops have included:
- The Language of Aging: Senior Communication
- Understanding Challenging Behaviors in Alzheimer’s Care
- UH Elder Law Clinic: Advance Health Care Directive Workshop
- Navigating the Kūpuna Health Care System
- Basics of Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Related Dementias
Caregiver Support Group
In partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, Lunalilo Home hosts a monthly caregiver support group for caregivers providing care to loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease.
Lunalilo Home publishes a quarterly newsletter and sends out periodic updates and information about kūpuna care. Sign up for our mailing and/or email list to receive our communications.
For more information on Caregiver Support programs, contact us at (808) 395-1000 or email email@example.com.