- Kupuna Care Corner- Engaging Seniors in Meaning Activities
- Lunalilo Home Welcomes Jill Martinez, Director of Adult Day Care & Senior Activities
- Boy Scout’s Eagle Project Builds Aquaponics System for Lunalilo Home
- Partnership with `Oiwi TV Brings Na Loea Series to Kupuna
According to the Office of Minority Health, diabetes is the fifth leading cause of death in the Asian American and Pacific Islander population. In 2011, Native Hawaiians, Japanese, and Filipino adults, 20 years or older living in Hawaii were about two times more likely to have been diagnosed with diabetes compared to White residents. To learn more about this health condition prevalent among many of our elders, the Home will host its next workshop with a focus on diabetes.
Geriatric Pharmacist/JABSOM Assistant Professor Joy Higa will provide insights on effectively managing diabetes through lifestyle modifications and medication management. This workshop is intended to provide participants with general diabetes information, how to read nutrition fact labels, planning healthy meals, and the must-know information and tools for caring for themselves or their loved ones living with diabetes.
Join us for an informative session with Dr. Higa and the Hawaii Diabetic Association to learn strategies for living healthier with diabetes. Special refreshments will also be shared to demonstrate options available for those with diabetes for creating healthy and delicious meals.
Guest Presenters: Dr. Joy Higa, Geriatric Pharmacist/ JABSOM Assistant Professor
Date: Saturday, October 18, 2014
Time: 10 am to 12 pm
Location: Lunalilo Home
501 Kekauluohi Street
Honolulu, HI 96825
- Hulu Ali`i, Hulu Makua- A Message from the Trust
- Cultural Resonance & Immersion Retreat Enhances Managers Cultural Understanding
- Adult Day Care Expands Services to Saturday
- Royal Order of Kamehameha Honors David Kaohelauli`i
- Tips for Preparing Nutritional Meals for Kupuna