Enjoy the 2013 Spring Newsletter in which you’ll learn more about the exciting new developments at the Home and Trust, as well as highlights of programs and services for our kūpuna, families and community.
Some highlights in this issue include:
- Envisioning the Foremost System of Kūpuna Care for Native Hawaiians
- Community Partnerships: Highlights of the WCC Nursing Pathways Program, UH BSW Practicum Program, and the Alzheimer’s Association
- Caregiver Support: Managing Challenging Behavior in Alzheimer’s Care
- Pathways to Sustainability – Garden Harvest
We encourage you to also participate in our upcoming summer events:
- Hāloa Challenge: Poi-Making Workshop Series – 6/22, 6/29, 7/6 & 7/13
- Preserving a Legacy Film Series with Eddie & Myrna Kamae – Sundays, 6/23, 7/28 & 8/25
- Annual Golf Tournament – July 19, 2013
When: Friday, July 19, 2013
Where: Hawai‘i Kai Golf Course
Who: 3-Person Teams
How: Call 395-1000 to register or download this form and fax to 395-8487 / email email@example.com
Your participation in this annual event will help support those kūpuna at Lunalilo Home who are indigent, infirm, need assistance in their personal care needs, and have insufficient funds to pay the regular fees for their residency at the Home.
As we enjoy this season of many celebrations we wish to express our gratitude to King William Charles Lunalilo for his foresight to provide for our kūpuna. We honor our kūpuna for their knowledge and for allowing us to care for them with aloha. A mahalo is extended to our staff and volunteers at Lunalilo Home who support our mission to be the foremost system of elder services to Native Hawaiians.
Articles in this issue :
- May Day was Lei Day at Lunalilo Home
- Family Fun on the 4th of July!
- Halloween Costume Parade!
- Celebrating the Holiday Season
- Kanikapila – Kūpuna Style
- Preserving a legacy: A Lunalilo Home Film Series
- Community Partnerships: Salvation Army Family Treatment Services, Community Service Organizations, Mālama Maunalua
- 21st Annual Golf Tournament Benefit a Great Success!
- Please Join Us as We Celebrate the 178th Birthday of King William Charles Lunalilo & 130 Years of Lunalilo Home Providing Care for Our Kūpuna – Tickets Available for Annual Lunalilo Home Benefit Lū‘au, Jan. 26